To expedite rapid market build-out, DragonWave offers an in-market logistics and pre-configuration service.
Logistics services are intended to manage all microwave equipment and components intended for installation and commissioning during the build-out deployment phase within a given market. The services are intended to be located in market in customer provided warehouses. Alternatively, warehousing space can be obtained as a separate service.
The Pre-Configuration service is intended to move the equipment configuration work, typically performed on a roof top, to the warehouse. Executed within the local market warehouse and prior to releasing equipment to installation crews, trained DWX technical resources will pre-stage and pre-configure microwave equipment as per design. The intent is to reduce potential rooftop/tower errors, additional truck rolls, time and cost.
The scope of work included with logistic and pre-staging services:
- Receive raw materials (radios, antennas, cables),
- Once provided with Notice-to-proceed, kit into microwave links as per provided design
- Set-up and validate equipment operation
- Pre-configure equipment for advanced parameters including (for example):
- IP parameters
- RF and IF parameters specific to the microwave design
- SNMP parameters per network management design
- Quality of Service (QoS) parameters per design
- Alarm Thresholds, Modulation and Timing parameters per design
- Other customer specific configurations as per customer request
- Pre-label equipment
- Capture serial numbers per respective site, record in tracking tools
- Create MOP instruction packages for each link for crews to install
- Hand off kitted links and all installation documents to specific installation crews
- Manage and track equipment pickup, scan kit barcode and obtain signatures on delivery to crew
- Manage all spares, returns from crews, RMAs and quarantine materials
- Manage all inventory tracking using bar code scanners